The origin of the plant dates back to 1883, when the mechanical weaving machines were replaced by the sawmill machines processing of logs in 1910.
The production of plywood started in 1922 when A. J. bought the company. The company produced veneers, plywood, doorboards and later also blockboards under the ALFA trademark exported the goods to many European countries.
After WWII in 1945 the factory was nationalized by the government. Privatization took place on 1 June 1993. After many changes in the ownership structure ALFA Plywood, a.s. became a part of AGROFERT HOLDING, a.s. on 1 July 2011. A merger with the company Wotan Forest, a.s. took place on 1 July 2013.
In 2015 the company invested in the modernization of the facility. Thanks to this investment we have been able to buy new veneer rotary peeling machine, new wood driers and other equipment.